I'm one of the few fortunate to have its hands on a Nexus 4 in Canada. I was with Vidéotron and the phone was working fine. But I wanted to try LTE and I got it quickly with Fido!
Here's the story:
- I switched from Videotron to Fido. Fido was out of LTE micro-SIM cards so I couldn't try if the LTE was working. But I switched anyway because of the potential savings each month and a bigger data plan. For a week I ran on a non-LTE SIM card without paying for it.
- A week later a Fido employee called to tell me they received my LTE micro-SIM card (still at no charge).
- I put the SIM, rebooted and registered the phone on the Fido network.
- I changed the APN settings to ltemobile.apn, left everything else as is.
- I dialed *#*#4636#*#* to enter the Phone Testing menu.
- In Phone information, I set the preferred network type to LTE only (to make sure I could register on LTE).
- The phone registered on the LTE network in literally 2 seconds.
- I switched the setting to LTE/GSM auto for my everyday use.
- I ran a Speed Test and got a 3450kB/s download and a 1957kB/s upload speed.
Here it is. I just wanted to dissipate some concerns about LTE with the Nexus 4 on Fido in Canada. I hope you're more confident to buy the phone now... when available :(
In the meantime,