I told you the library was underway, but I didn't thought it would be that soon.
I had to shorten URLs for one of my project and I decided to host my library on Google Code to make it available to everyone. Yes, I'm that nice ;)
Shortening with bit.ly
I chose bit.ly for this because Twitter decided to go with them for their official URL shortener service. So if they can handle Twitter, I guess they can handle me.
Using the library is pretty easy:
- Make sure you have an API key with bit.ly... sign for one up here.
- Download the .DLL (library) and the .CHM (documentation) here.
- Add a reference to the downloaded .DLL in your project.
- Shorten some URLs following these examples.
That's it, you can now easily turn any long URL to that form: http://bit.ly/6oUM3f.
You can submit any bugs, issues or comments in the bitly-dot-net project hosted on Google Code.
I'm putting time and effort on this blog and having you here is my reward. Make me feel better and better everyday by spreading the love with the buttons below! Also, don't hesitate to leave a comment. Thanks for reading!
- A new contributor updated bitly-dot-net, my .NET wrapper around the bit.ly API
- BitlyDotNet - A New Open Source Project on Google Code